Sunday 1 January 2017

Three Inspirational Thoughts of Coming Spring on New Year's Day

Photo Copyright Janet Cameron
I So Liked Spring Last Year...
by Charlotte Mew (born in 1869)

I so liked Spring last year
Because you were here
The thrushes too-
Because it was these you so liked to hear-
I so liked you.

This year's a different thing-
I'll not think of you
But I'll like the Spring because it is simply spring
As thrushes do.

Quote by WWI Poet Wilfred Owen
A Poem does not grow by jerks. As trees in Spring produce a new ring of tissue, so does every poet put forth a fresh outlay of stuff at the same season. 

Anne Bradstreet: 1612-1672 - Early North American Poet
If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome. 

More to read:

No comments:

Post a Comment